The Song Factory is a 10-week, hands-on music production course designed to teach anyone (beginner or intermediate) how to effectively structure, arrange and build songs at a professional caliber with the highest sound quality from start to finish! From programming scintillating sounds to writing hooky lyrics, students go beyond of the traditional education in music theory by applying the "tricks of the trade" taught to them directly by our successful industry producers. At the end of the course, each student will have the tools they need to establish themselves as competitive songwriters, composers and producers of popular music within today's music industry!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
• Learn the nuances of systematic songwriting, methodical composing and sequential beat programming.
• Gain experience utilizing software that revolutionized music composition, recording, performance, and arrangement.
• Understand sequencing techniques, synchronization, troubleshooting, and production system design.
• Explore melody, rhythm, and chord structure as well as the formula to clever verse, pre-hook, hook and bridge songwriting.
• Examine marketing techniques in the context of popular music using lyrics and other successful methods.