10-WEEK COURSE SYLLABUS
WEEK 1: The Aux Cord
- Review the roles of the Audio Engineer
- Establish individual student goals.
- Install necessary software and plugins.
WEEK 2: The Tool
- Learn the fundamentals of Pro Tools
- Discover the power of plugins
- In depth assertion of signal flow
WEEK 3: The Spectrum
- Get to know the functions of our ears
- Understand the different ranges of frequencies.
- Analyze frequencies of various genres (mixing with a sick ear)
WEEK 4: The P.E.C.
- Learn pre amplification, equalizing and compression.
- Explore the guts of various gear.
- Instill active listening.
WEEK 5: The Track Out
- Combine multiple processors. (Analog and digital)
- Create recording and mixing templates.
- Learn “The Grid”
WEEK 6: The Vocalist
- Recognize the traits of vocalist.
- Assign the appropriate microphones for various vocalist.
- First hand experience of conducting a session.
WEEK 7: The Instrument
- Utilize microphones to record different instruments
- Sequence drum patterns and instrumentation in Pro Tools
- Customize your own sample packs
WEEK 8: Acoustic Day
- Develop the ear to understand your room
- Learn how to control the acoustics of your room
- “Do it Yourself” your own acoustic panels
WEEK 9: The Sum
- Understand the difference between analog and digital exports
- Learn the final stages of compression
- Enhance your ability to properly structure songs for mastering
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
We may have already answered them on our "Frequently Asked Questions" page. If not, you can fill out our "Free Consultation & Tour" form or give us a call at 727.449.8888 and we'd be happy to help you!
WEEK 10: The Session
- You will prove your abilities to fully record and mix one song