The Art of Sound Recording Audio Engineer Course was designed for beginners or intermediate engineers to develop abilities as a competent and successful audio engineer. As a student of The Art of Sound Recording, you will learn how to effectively function in all of today’s professional audio recording environments – from high tech home studios to professional recording facilities. Not only will you be taught by industry experienced instructors, you’ll gain practical experience on professional-level consoles and recording equipment. It’s in Clear Track's world class studios where you’ll learn the in's and out's of Pro Tools, how to mic’ing up session players, and mix your final tracks. Altogether, you will develop sophisticated technical and organizational skills that give you the ability to successfully run a session from start to finish.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Understand and utilize recording software and hardware as well as studio signal flow, recording techniques, and synchronization.
- Explore techniques and strategies for capturing the best vocal and/or instrumental performance via microphone selection and placement.
- Learn how to effectively conduct a full session tracking an actual band (drums, bass, guitar, vocals) booked to record.
- Gain hands-on experience with audio processors and mixers to shape high-quality mixes, building on the students’ gear knowledge and listening skills.
- Discover how to create your own professional studio or how to enhance your own home studio.